Friday, June 1, 2012

Family Friendly Restaurant!

Let me start this post off with this: you are a very lucky person if you've never experienced a new born going through a growth spurt. Goodness, it's rough! They are loud and it's very hard to make then comfortable and happy. Unfortunately they go through several of these growth spurts during the first couple of months. Cole is a very good baby, minimal crying outside of the obvious feed me or change my diaper, until he hits a growth spurt. Poor thing feeds constantly, hardly sleeps, gets overtired, and cries (or screams until he turns red or purple) his little head off. This was his 6 week growth spurt.

Poor baby.
My friend Tracey and I wanted to get together for lunch, because we haven't seen each other since Christmas and she hadn't met the baby yet. We decided on Chimento's Spaghetti House in downtown St Cloud. For those of you who don't have the pleasure of dining in downtown, we have several charming family owned restaurants in the area. Chimento's is a homemade Italian place with delicious food at great prices! I have yet to get something that I didn't like there.

This trip was different because I had Cole with me and I didn't have Kirk to help me if Cole decided he was done with sleeping or watching other people eat. Sadly Cole already wasn't happy as we walked in. It wasn't full on shrieking but he was crying. I was trying to calm him as we waited to order, but he wasn't having anything to do with it. I was greeted at the register by one of the owners saying "don't worry, babies cry. We're a family friendly restaurant and if anyone has a problem with him, they can leave." That immediately made me feel better. Tracey has the magic Cole touch and kept him quiet through a lot of lunch. We had some looks but they were more "aww a little baby" and a few "how old is he" comments but that was it. She handed him back so she could eat, he was getting fussier so I got up to go change his diaper. As I was leaving the dining area, the owner hurried to catch up with me. He thought I was leaving because Cole was crying, "Don't worry about it, babies cry. Don't leave." I had to reassure him it was just a diaper and we would be right back. that meant a lot that he was so concerned about us.

I already liked Chimento's, but now I really like them and I'll definitely be back (with Cole!). I'll also be singing their praises to everyone. It's nice to know I have a place I can go eat with the baby and not have to feel like we arent welcome, and not be forced to stay at home all the time. Thanks Chimento's!!

Link from Chimento's Spaghetti House on Urbanspoon

 **This post is 100% my own opinion. I was not compensated in any way shape or form for this post. I just really liked the service I received and wanted to share with my readers.**

No comments: