Sunday, August 7, 2016

Middle Ages


We now have four Carole P Roman books in our library. I have to say that, unfortunately, this one is our least favorite of all of them. It is about twice as long as the other three books, and it didn't hold my son's attention like the others do. I also noticed there were several spots where editing and proofing were missed. It didn't seem to flow as easily, either. 

However, it does tell of the time period (in an age appropriate manner too) - showcasing the naming practices, the clothing, different types of food, religion, schooling, social structure, etc which was definitely nice! It also has a section at the end of some famous people from the Middle Ages; as well as a glossary. 



I did receive this book complementary for my review. All opinions are my own. 

No comments: