Monday, July 23, 2012

Pinterest


Are you on Pinterest?  I am!  If not, you should be!  What is Pinterest you ask? Straight from their Pinning 101- 
Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.
People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and share their favorite recipes.
I love pinning crafting items, my dream home ideas and fun holiday decorations and recipes. I love that there is a Pinterest app for iPhone.  It is one of my go to apps when I'm feeding Cole in the middle of the night! One of my boards is "Make for baby" and I really do want to make all (OK, I don't have the time with a full time job and a 3 month old!) some of this stuff!  Kirk also loves to cook, so I'm hoping he makes more than a few things from my "Cookies, Cakes & Cupcakes" or my "yummy" boards! We want to get a "Saw it, Pinned it, Made it" weekly (or biweekly... because life with both of us working full time and a new baby is crazy! lol) feature on the blog, linking back to the pinned project and pictures, and maybe step by steps, of our version of these pins! 


Screen cap of my latest pins, I love the iPhone app!
Do you have your own "Saw it, Pinned it, Made it"?  I'd love to hear about it and see pictures if you have them! 

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

Great post! For a while there I worried about some of my friends because they got sucked into the Pinterest wormhole and spent days pinning. Some people I think pin just for 'pinnings sake'. I try to pin things I know I will do or want to look back on. I really love the idea of Saw it, Pinned it, Made it... I may have to give that a try once in a while... There are way to many delicious recipes out there!

Anonymous said...

Love the "Saw it, Pinned it, Made it" Board idea. I think I may just have to do that. I have made several of the recipes I've seen and so far it's been an incredible success!!! I've also done some of the craft projects I've seen and have really good results with those too... I love Pinterest!

Jillian said...

I agree! There are definitely a lot of "pin just to pin" people out there. I don't really see the point in that since that's basically a mini internet at that point lol For the most part my boards are things that I want to make/do from crafting to cooking to holiday decorations. It's perfect to check out and repin while I'm feeding the baby, I love the iPhone app.

dragynally said...

I love pinterest! I shamelessly pin the pics from my blog. It helps spread the word about my site. But mostly I pin fashion. I love clothes.

Jillian said...

I pin pics from my blog too (I pin pics from my etsy store too!) lol It is another form of social media, so I don't see as a bad thing necessarily. The more eyes on our stuff, be it items for sale or new blog posts to read the better as long as it's not spammy. You do pin some FUN fashion! I love your cool outfits :)